Makes 12 muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firm packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin papers.
- Sift first 4 ingredients into a large bowl.
- Combine bananas, both sugars, butter, milk and egg in a medium bowl. Mix into dry ingredients.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to rack and let cool.