- 4 1/2 – 5 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- In bowl combine yeast & 2 1/4 cups flour.
- In saucepan heat milk, sugar butter and salt till warm and butter is almost melted, stirring constantly. Let cool.
- Add to flour mixture. Add eggs, beat on low speed 30 seconds, then on high speed 3 minutes. Mix in remaining flour, kneading to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth & elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once. Cover and let rise in a warm place till double (1 hour). Punch dough down, cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out on floured surface to 12″ square. Spread filling on dough and roll up, pinching edges to seal. Cut into 1 1/2″ pieces and place on greased baking pan. Cover and let rise till double (45 Minutes) or cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Uncover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or till light brown. Frost after removed from over for 5 minutes.
Filling- Mix together until crumbly:
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
Frosting- Mix together until smooth
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Milk, to spreading consistency
- Peel and grate apples onto filling before rolling dough