- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Put the flour into a bowl and add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 cup of milk. Whisk slowly until a smooth batter is formed. Add the remaining 1 cup of milk and whisk well. (Can be done in a blender)
- If time permits, allow the better to rest for 30 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter just before using the batter.
- Heat a 6-in crepe pan (nonstick) over medium-high heat. The pan in ready when a drop of water dances on the hot surface.
- Hold the pan in one hand, tilting it slightly. Using a small ladle, pour about 2 tablespoons of better into the pan. Then turn the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly. Any excess can be poured back.
- Cook until the edges begin to brown. Flip it with a spatula or the pan. Cook the second side for only 10-15 seconds and slide it onto a plate.
Note: If you would like to make a dinner crepe, leave out the sugar and vanilla. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.