- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced ham or chicken or pre-cooked pork roast
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice (medium-grain white rice like Calrose)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon oyster sauce and some Yoshida Original Gourmet sauce to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add additional 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas, and garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for about 3-5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft. Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and stir until melted. Immediately add the rice, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine. Add the sesame oil, stir to combine, and remove from heat. Serve warm.
Source: Neriza Oka