- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups fairly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves to combine thoroughly, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In mixer bowl combine butter and brown sugar, and beat until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix to blend.
- Gradually add flour mixture until just blended. Stir in rolled oats and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoons, placed about 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake until cookies are lightly browned (about 10 minutes). Cool on wire racks.
Makes about 4 dozen 2 1/2-inch cookies.