Press in Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 sups flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- Mix all ingredients together with wooden spoon and form a round ball. Place in center of 9-inch pie dish. Begin pressing dough from center toward sides forming a pretty edge at the outside circle. Place in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool before filling pie shell.
Praline Secret Surprise:
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (chopped pecans or walnuts if desired)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Heat choice of nut, butter, and brown sugar in small saucepan, stirring constantly until butter and brown sugar are melted and mixture comes to a boil. Boil exactly 30 seconds. Spread on bottom of pastry shell before placing filling. Let cool completely before filling with cream filling.
Cream Pie Filling:
- 2 small packages instant pudding (flavor of your choice)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cool whip, divided
- Mix 2 packages of desired instant pudding with 2 cups cold milk. When mixed well and fairly thick, add 1/3 of 8 ounce Cool Whip until well whipped.
- Variations of pie filling can be used. 2 bananas sliced thinly placed on bottom of pie shell. 1 cup coconut mixed into filling with 1/4 cup toasted coconut for garnish around top. 1 cup chocolate chips mixed into filling.
Source: Ann Harker