- 1- 3 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2/3 cup coarsley chopped pecans
- Set cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter at room temperature and blend. Stir in flour. Chill slightly for 1 hour.
- Shape into 2 dozen 1 inch balls. Place in ungreased 1 3/4 inch muffin cups. Press dough in bottom and side of cups.
- Beat together egg, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt until just smooth.
- Divide the pecans among the pastry lined cups. Add egg mixture and top with remaining pecans.
- Bake in low oven 325 degrees for 25 minutes until filling is set.
- Remove carefully from pans.
Source: Alison Partridge