- 1 box German chocolate cake mix (water, oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box)
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (16 to 17 ounce) caramel, butterscotch or fudge topping
- 1 container (8 ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (8 ounce) Heath toffee chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cake as directed on box for 9×13 pan.
- Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle of wooden spoon. Drizzle milk evenly over top of cake, let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake. Drizzle with caramel topping. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, or until chilled.
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with Heath toffee chips. Store covered in refrigerator.