- 1 pkg. dry yeast, 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 cup warm water, divided
- 4 – 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- In a large mixing bowl dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Add 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, milk, butter, egg and remaining water; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured board; kneed until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down.
- Roll into a 12×16 inch rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over butter.
- Let dough rest for 6 minutes. Cut lengthwise into 3 4×16 inch strips. Cute each strip into 16 4×1 inch pieces. Twist and place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
Source: Lori Davis