- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups finely minced chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms, soak then chop
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 head lettuce, washed and separate leaves
- Hoisin sauce (Koon Chun)
- Rice sticks
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil
- Add ginger, onions, pork, and chicken.
- Saute for about five minutes then add the rest of the ingredients except for peas, lettuce, and Hoisin sauce.
- Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add peas and Hoisin.
- Stir then transfer to serving platter.
- Traditionally, each guest spreads a lettuce leaf on a plate and places chicken mixture in the middle. If desired, add additional hoisin sauce over chicken. The leaf is folded over the mixture and tucked gently under.
- Optional: Fry rice sticks and put on top of chicken mixture for added crunch
Source: Neriza Oka