- 3 lb. beef or pork roast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Place meat in pan and add ingredients. Cover meat and cook 350 degrees for 4 hours.
- Pull apart meat and set aside. Reserve broth.
In separate bowl combine:
- 1 large can diced green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces) water
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- In large pan heat oil. Stir in 3 heaping tablespoons flour. Add green chilies, garlic, tomato sauce, and water. Add broth from meat to make a thick gravy.
- Add to meat and then place in crock pot for 3-4 hours. Uncover last hour.
- This recipe can be cup up in days.
- Serve with flour tortillas and Monterey jack cheese.
Source: Carrie Supinger