- 2 cups (10 ounces) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (7 ounces ) sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2- 8 ounces) frozen or fresh blueberries
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk the egg in a second medium bowl until well-combined and light-colored, about 20 seconds. Add the sugar and whisk vigorously until thick and homogenous, about 30 seconds.
- Add butter. Whisk. Add the sour cream whisking just to combine.
- Add berries to the dry ingredients and gently toss just to combine. Add the sour cream mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until the batter comes together and the berries are evenly distributed, 25 to 30 seconds.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until the muffins are light golden brown.
Cinnamon Sugar- Dipped Blueberry Muffins (I love this!)
- While muffins are cooling, mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. After the baked muffins have cooled 5 minutes, working one at a time, dip the top of each muffin in melted butter and then cinnamon sugar. Set the muffins upright on a wire rack, serve.
Source: Baking Illustrated