- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (soft white wheat is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1/3 cups ripe bananas, mashed (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 miniature chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs and milk; stir in the bananas, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coast muffin cups with butter and fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Source: Cooking Light Cookbook