- 1 large 29 ounce canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cube butter, melted
- Mix all ingredients except cake mix and butter. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle cake mix over top. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Source: Beretta Toland
Try this recipe to compare next time.
Magic Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 1 can (29 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix (dry)
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 14 pan..
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, I like to use a whisk. Pour into prepared pan.
3. In a separate bowl combine dry cake mix and melted butter. Crumble over your pie filling. (You can sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top if you want!)
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is set. It cake still jiggle, but just can’t be liquid.
5. Let cool completely before refrigerating.
Source: Lizzy Early