- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 48 Rolos
- Sugar for rolling
- Beat sugars and butter until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press dough around rolls,making a ball.
- Roll dough balls in sugar before baking on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies show signs of “cracks” on top. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
- Dough is extremely sticky. Keep dough temperature low by placing the bowl in an ice bath.
Source: Heather Cook