- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Combine the garlic, basil, olive oil, Parmesan, and pine nuts in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture onto the top of each tomato half.
- Place the tomatoes on a broiler pan and broil about 3″ from the heat until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serves 6.
Source: The South Beach Diet