- 1 package(10 ounces) spinach, frozen chopped
- 3/4 cup cheese, cheddar, sharp, reduced-fat, shredded
or Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup pepper green, bell finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 3 drops red pepper sauce (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place spinach in a microwaveable container and cook in the microwave on high power for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, cheese, egg substitute, bell pepper, onion, and pepper sauce, if using. Mix well. Divide mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Quiches cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheese may be used.
Source: The South Beach Diet