- 3 large vine-ripened tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, minced (basil, parsley, marjoram)
- 1/2 cup dry grated bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-vigin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the tomatoes in a nonstick baking dish, cut sides up.
- Combine the herbs, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle each tomato with an equal portion of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crusty. Tomatoes all be soft yet hold their shape.
- Serves 6.
Source: The South Beach Diet