- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (12 ounces) chicken breast halves
- 8-10 cups torn spinach or town mixed greens
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- In a screw-top jar, combine the vinegar, 4 tablespoons of oil, honey, orange peel, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Chill the dressing until serving time.
- In a medium skillet, cook the chicken in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Turn the chicken often to brown evenly. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Cut into thin, bite-size strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together the warm chicken strips and the spinach or mixed greens. Shake the dressing well. Add the dressing and raspberries to the chicken mixture. Toss lightly to coat well.
- Divide the chicken mixture among 4 salad plates. Arrange the papaya slices on each plate.
- You may substitute 2 medium nectaries, pitted and sliced, or 2 peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced for the papaya
- Serves 4.
Source: The South Beach Diet