- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extre-0virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Lemon zest, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Trim bottom ends of Brussel sprouts and then remove any shriveled or less than desirable leaves from sprouts. Rinse under cold water and then pat dry. If you have a salad spinner, use instead.
- Split sprouts in half and then place in a bowl with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until all ingredients are distributed evenly. Next put sprouts onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Place in oven and roast for approximately 10 minutes or until the sprouts have begun to caramelize on the bottom. You will have to turn a coupe sprouts over to see this browning.
- Remove from oven and finish with a touch of lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Source: Chef Tina Jean