- 1 1/2 pound pork sirloin roast (pat dry with dry with paper towel)
- 2 tablespoons Tina’s Spice Rub (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- twine for trusting the roast
Tina’s Spice Rub
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Coleman’s dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- For Spice Rub: Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Store in your spice cupboard in an air tight container.
- Pull roast out of the fridge thirty minutes before cooking to kill the chill on the meat.
- Mix spice rub with olive oil in a small portion bowl. Evenly coast roast with oil and rub mixture. Season with salt and pepper as well
- Truss roast with twine from one end to the next. Place roast on a roasting rack and then place in preheated oven. Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until roast has browned and caramelized nicely. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue to cook until internal temperature of roast reaches 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat and loosely tent with foil. Rest roast ten minutes before cutting.
Source: Chef Tina Jean