- 3 cups flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a big bowl mix flour, salt and yeast together. Pour water into the bowl and using a spatula mix it until it’s all incorporated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit on your counter for 12 to 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add your cast iron pot to the oven while the oven is preheating.
- Remove pot from oven and remove the lid from the pot.
- Flour your work place and hands really well. Gently remove the dough from the bowl and roughly shape it into a ball on a separate piece of 12x 18 piece of parchment paper. Drop the parchment paper and dough into the pot. Cover with lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on. Remove lid and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- If desired, add in white chocolate and cranberries or cheese before cooking.
Source: Jana Boccino, Recipe by Jo Cooks at http://www.jocooks.com/bakery/breads/crusty-bread/