- 1/3 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk, as needed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Diced apples
- Coconut sugar
- Cinnamon and ground ginger
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, whisk together the oats, apple, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, salt, milk, maple syrup, and applesauce until combined.
- Cook over medium heat for about 9 to 15 minutes, stirring often. When the mixture thickens and the oats soften, it is ready.
- Stir in the pure vanilla extract and lemon juice (if using).
- Pour into a dish and serve with your desired toppings.
Source: Oh She Glows