- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugars
- Kosher salt
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green jalapeño paper, thinly sliced and seeded, if desired, for less heat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 pitas, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 seat spoon salt; stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the cucumbers and jalapeño and let sit, tossing occasionally, for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Sir in the hoisin, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Dividing evenly, fill the pita halves with the pork and the cucumber salad.
Source: Real Simple