- 1 pound red new potatoes (about 12)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small steaks (such as Newport, flat iron, or top round; 1 inch think; and about 1 1/2 pounds total
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small head Boston lettuce torn (about 4 cups)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heart and simmer until tender 14 to 16 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and using a fork, break the potatoes in half.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper and cook to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- In a large bowl, combine the blue cheese, vinegar, the remaining 1/4 cup of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the lettuce and potatoes and toss to coat. Serve with the steaks.
Tip: Any type of blue cheese will work with this vinaigrette. Try spicy Maytag Blue, earthy Stilton, creamy Gorgonzola, or salty, strong flavored Roquefort.
Source: Real Simple