- 6 cups saved water from boiling chicken
- 3 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 10 T. butter
- 10 T. flour
- 2 1/2 teas. salt
- 1/2 teas. pepper
- 1/2 teas. Thyme leaves (fresh)
- 1/2 teas. Rosemary (fresh)
- 1 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon
- 3 1/2 cupsmilk
- 1/3 cup onion flakes
- 4 cups cooked cubed potatoes(2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots
- Simmer chicken (about 4 chicken breasts) in 7 cups of water for about 45 minutes until done. Cut up chicken and save 6 cups of chicken broth for soup. Set aside.
- In soup pan, sauté celery and butter until softened. Add flour, and then milk and chicken broth to make a white sauce. Add seasonings and let cook for a few minutes.
- In the meantime cook in a separate pan the potatoes and peas and carrots until softened. Drain, and add to white sauce mixture.
- Add cubed chicken. Let cook for a short time and you are ready to serve.
- Makes 1 gallon. You may want to put a pie crust on top and make a pot pie out of the soup mixture.
Source: Allison Partridge- FW Stake RS- Calleen Passey