- 20 Oreos
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- 1 C. milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
OREO CANDY CANE FROSTING:
- 4 candy canes
- Oreos (leftover from above)
- 3/4 C. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- milk, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Twist Oreos to break apart and put the side with the most cream, cream-side up into each cupcake liner. (You’ll put the batter on top of the Oreo later.)
- Sift cake mix to remove any lumps and add eggs, oil, milk and sour cream. Stir until smooth and fill cupcake liners 3/4 full over the Oreo halves.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- FROSTING: Finely crush candy canes (I used a blender) and finely crush the other half of the Oreos from the cake (the ones that didn’t have as much cream on them). I used a sifter to shake the crushed candy canes and oreos so I only used the finest pieces. If you aren’t going to use a piping bag, you don’t need to do this.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add powder sugar one cup at time until you get your desired consistency, add a little milk if it gets too thick. Fold in your finely crushed candy canes and Oreos.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and top with extra Oreos and larger crushed candy canes!
Source: Copyright © YourCupofCake