- 1/2 cup warm water (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 8 cups flour (2 pounds 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Combine 1/2 cup warm water, yeast, and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a large bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups hot water, sugar, oil, salt, and eggs. Add 8 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time. Dough should be sticky. Knead until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let double in size, at least one hour.
- Don’t punch down when ready to roll out. Roll out on surface sprayed with Pam. Pam rolling pin. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick, cut into strips, dip into butter, roll up,placing on pan seam side down.
- Place on greased pan. Let rise at least 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
- Bake 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush the top with butter.
- Roll out dough. Brush with melted butter, cinnamon-sugar mixture, brown sugar, raisins if desired. Roll up, slice 1 1/2 inches thick. Put on pan, rise, bake, glaze.
- 1 can crushed pineapple mixed with 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Bring to a gold and set aside to cool.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle and brush with melted butter. Roll up, cut in 1 1/2 inch slices. Put in pan. Push down the middle put a big scoop of pineapple in the middle. Let rise and bake. Glaze
- Glaze: Powered sugar, milk, vanilla, butter. Stir and glaze hot rolls
Parmesan cheese rolls
- Pinch dough off into walnut size and roll into balls, dip into butter and into a mixture of parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and crushed parsley flakes.
- Combine rind from one orange with sugar. Roll out dough. Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Glaze- Combine orange juice, powder sugar, butter. Drizzle over hot baked rolls.