- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, mix butter and sugars on low speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Mix on low speed until combined, about 1 minutes.
- Add oats, chips, raisins, and nuts. Mix on low until incorporated.
- Drop batter from 2 ounces (2-inch) ice cream scoop or by rounded tablespoons about 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes only. The edges will be crisp, but the centers will be soft. They will look underdone but will firm up considerably as they cool.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Makes 26 cookies.
Source: Entertaining on the Run, Marlene Sorosky