- 1 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds pork or chicken, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk, well stirred
- Combine mustard, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, salt, and vinegar. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions until medium brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add spice paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add meat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and 1 cup water and simmer for 70 minutes on low heat.
- Serve over rice.
Source: Quick and Easy Indian Cooking, Madhur Jaffrey