- 1 package (12 ounce) tortellini
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil or salad oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 ounces dry salami, cut in thin strips (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 sweet red or green bell pepper, quartered, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Butter or Boston lettuce
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix vinegar, basil, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic. Using a whisk or fork, gradually beat in oil until well combined.
- Lightly mix in tortellini, parsley, salami, pepper, pine nuts, and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer to blend flavors. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Serves 4 to 6
Source- California Culinary Academy, Salads