- 2 cups proofed sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups flour
- Put all ingredients except cornmeal in bread machine pan in the order recommended by manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle and start.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and form into balls.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the balls into 12- to 13-inch rounds about 1/8 inch thick.
- Fold each round in half and transfer to a bakers peel or thin baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Proof, covered, for about 45 minutes at 85 degrees F.
- Place a baking stone in a cold oven and preheat for at least 15 minutes at 450 to 500 degrees F.
- Add your toppings to the rounds of dough and transfer the pizzas to the hot baking stone (See Note).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is brown.
- Remove from oven with bakers peel.
- NOTE: It takes practice to transfer the pizza to the stone.
- As an alternative, bake the pizza on a traditional pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal.
Source: Food.com, By Donna M.