- Pie dough for 1 9-inch pie
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 roma or 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place dough in a 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate. Pre-bake. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges then drain on paper towels. Arrange tomatoes wedges atop melted cheese in the baked pie shell.
- In a food processor, combine basil and garlic and process till coarsely chopped. Sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Combine remaining mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and pepper. Spoon cheese mixture over basil mixture, spreading evenly to cover top.
- Bake 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or till top is golden and bubbly. Cover dough edges with foil first 15 minutes.
Source: Neriza Oka