- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered, then halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannelloni beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- 1/2+ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound salad macaroni
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cook until tender.
- Reduce heat, and stir in tomato sauce, broth, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, cannelloni beans, navy beans, and Parmesan.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Stir into soup. (Option- cook pasta in the soup instead.)
Source: Carrie Sandholtz