- 1 loaf ( 1 pound) frozen break dough thawed
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (28ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over dough.
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt, fennel seed and garlic powder. Spoon over mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Source: Nikki MacDonald, Sheboygan, Wisconsin