- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups raw, unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, peanuts, and pecan pieces in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a pan heat butter, honey, water, and vanilla. When liquid mixture is warm and thinned, turn off heat and remove from burner.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon making sure all is well coasted.
- Spread the granola over 2 cookie sheets and place in a 300 degree oven and toast for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and flip granola and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to a large bowl and add raisins, and chopped dates. Stir together.
Note: Great as a cereal, just add milk. Joanna doubles this recipe and says it’ll be thicker on the cookie sheets, but the time and temperature are the same. As it cools it will become crunchier.
Source: Joanna Ebanks, (an amazing cook and friend from Florida)