- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 cans green chiles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- In a 2 quart pan over medium heat, cook onion in butter until soft.
- Add rice and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until rice is ardent and all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Source: Neriza Oka