If you don’t have a grill, this chicken could be cooked on a grill pan, pan-fried in a skillet or or broiled in the oven.
- 14-ounce can light or full-fat coconut milk
- 5-6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse, kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger or ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 pounds chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, garlic, brown sugar, salt, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander and cilantro.
- Place the chicken in a gallon-size ziploc bag; pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and press until the marinade coats the chicken evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess marinade drip back into the bag.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through (time will depend on thickness of chicken – about 5-6 minutes per side for chicken breasts and 2-3 minutes per side for chicken tenders).
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Note: Serve with Indian Vegetable Rice