- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine yeast, water, and sugar in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Add oil, egg, and salt and mix.
- Add flout and knead.
- Divide dough into two balls. Let rest 15 minutes. Pat out dough on pan.
- If desired, you can pre-bake the crust for 5-10 minutes and then add sauce and toppings. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Other option- roll out dough, top with toppings, and bake for 15 minutes.
Source: Patty Hartley
Note- add red pepper flakes to the sauce before adding other toppings. It adds flavor to the pizza.