- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- Mix dry ingredients. Melt butter and add to dry ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- 10 cups large golden delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced apples in lightly buttered 9×13 baking dish.
- In a pot combine water, sugar, lemon juice, and butter. Bring to a boil.
- Slowly add cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water. Stir constantly. When dissolved completely and thickened, pour mixture over apples in baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping that was set aside on top.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups apple juice
- In a pot, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Add apple juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid becomes clear.
- Drizzle over apple crisp just before serving.
Source: Sister in my stake?