- Peal and slice 10 apples and place in microwaveable bowl. Cover with saran wrap. Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Mix pie crust and roll half out to desired thickness. Put in pie shell.
- Add 1/2 apples to pie, sprinkle with 1 cup sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Add remaining apples and 1 cup sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Roll out remaining dough, put on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Put a few slices on top.
- Wrap foil around edge of pit to prevent burning, keep on entire time.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Crust for 1-2 crust pie
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/8 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix together flour, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Add and cut in shortening. Add water and mix till edge of bowl is clean.
Source: Jan Larson