- 1 pound beef boneless sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger root
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes. Place beef in glass or plastic bowl. Mix remaining ingredients; pout over beef. Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour.
- Thread 6 beef cubes on each of 4 skewers; brush with marinade.
- Set oven control to brail and/or 550 degrees.
- Broil kabobs with tops about 4 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes; turn. Brush with marinade; broil until done, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Brush with marinade.
- 4 servings; 270 calories/serving
- Serve with rice, Chinese pea pods and Fruit Walnut Salad.
Source: Betty Crocker