- 8 ounces White Fish, Halibut, cubed in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated, juice extracted
- 1 tablespoon celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cayenne chile, minced
- 3 limes, juiced
- Pepper, combination of white and black
- 1/2 red onion, julienne
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cooked, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 white corn, boiled with a bit of sugar, lime, and anise seeds
- 4 leaves bib lettuce
- Place fish, ginger, celery, and garlic in a glass or stainless-steel bowl.
- Add lime juice and mix. The fish will cook in the lime juice,
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 20 minutes. Toss fish in bowl a few times while marinading so make sure lime juice is coating fish.
- Soak red onion in water with 1 teaspoon of salt for 15 minutes. Rinse onions and place on top of fish.
- Plate the sides, sweet potatoes and corn on to bib lettuce.
- Check fish to make sure it is cooked. If it is, softly mix in the onion and cilantro. Be careful to not mush the ingredients.
- Wait for 5 minutes. Re-season.
Source: Chef Freyka Nunez del Prado, Harmons Cooking School