Yummy served with homemade chili.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/4 pound sharp Cheddar, grated coarse (about 1 1/2 cups)
- four 2-inch pickled jalapeño chilies, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Into a bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt, add the butter, and blend the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the Cheddar and the chilies, add the sour cream, and stir the mixture until it just forms a soft but not sticky dough.
- Knead the dough gently 6 times on a lightly floured surface, roll or pat it out 1/2 inch thick, and with a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter cut out 6 rounds.
- Bake the rounds on an ungreased baking sheet in the middle of a preheated 425°F. oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until they are golden.