- 1/2 yellow onion, wedges
- 3 Peruvian Hot Yellow Pepper (*Ahi Amarillo)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 50-100 grams fresh cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 saltine cracker, more if needed for thickener
- Salt to taste
- Oil, as needed
- Huancayna sauce should be the thick but still runny. Like a sauce but heavier.
- Stir fry onion and pepper in oil on low until tender. Cool.
- Blend cooled onion and peppers, mayonnaise, milk, cheese, water, and crackers in a blender. Add salt a pinch as a time to achieve desired flavor.
- Add crackers to thicken, or milk to thin, or oil to smooth.
*Ahi Amarillo- to make sauce blend together a jar of picked yellow peppers with 1 habanero pepper.
- Serve sauce on top of slices of boiled potato on a bed of bib lettuce. Garnish with hard boiled egg and Kalamata olives.
- Dip for chips
Source: Chef Freaky Nunez del Prado, Harmons Cooking School