- 1 lb skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lim or lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce sliced shallot
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a cup or bowl. Pour over the steak, turning meat to coat. Set in the refrigerator to marinate.
- Combine all dressing ingredients together, stirring until sugar dissolves. Adjust the fish sauce according to your desired level of saltiness.
- Coarsely chop greens. .
- Grill the steak over a hot grill, turning only once or twice to retain the juices. The meat should still be pink in the center.
- Slice cooked meat against the grain.
- Toss steak with the greens shallots, and dressing
- Another option- Serve steak on top of rice as a main dish.
Source: Chef James Macari, Harmons’s Cooking School