One 14-inch circle of Pate Brisee, chilled
- 8 tart apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of mace
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold unsealed butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pices
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Center the round pastry in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing it into the corners. Trim the pastry overhang and fold excess dough under top edge and crimp. Place apple slices in the pastry and sprinkle with the sugar and spices. Dot with butter.
- Topping- Cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles oatmeal. Mix in the sugar and oats and spoon over fruit filling.
- Cover edges with a pie shield. Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream
Source: Martha Stewart Pies and Tarts