One 10- inch petal-shaped Pate Sucree tart shell, baked and cooled
- 4 giant peaches
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Whipping cream, sweetened as desired
- Peel the peaches by putting them in a large pot of boiling water and removing them with a slotted spoon as soon as the water returns to a boil.
- When they are cool enough to handle, peel and halve each peach lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Place each half on a cutting board and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices, keeping the halves intact.
- Arrange the cut peach halves in the baked tart shell to resemble a flower.
- Melt the preserves with Grand Marnier. Strain it and reduce until slightly thickened. Lightly brush the peaches with the glaze and let cool.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Source: Martha Stewart Pies and Tarts