- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups ripe banana mashed (7-8 medium, very ripe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9-b-5-inch loaf pans with butter.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt with a wire whisk; set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, bananas and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, then blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. A topic inserted in center should come out clean, and the bread should pull away from the sides.
- Cool in pan, for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool on wire rack.
Source: Mrs. Field’s Best Ever Cookie Book