- 1 chuck roast
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 large plastic container of Pace Picante Salsa Sauce, medium
- Tortillas, Monterey Jack cheese, lime rice, black beans, guacamole, salsa
- Add a little olive oil to large roasting pan. Heat pan on medium high heat. Brown meat on all sides. Add minced garlic to meat in pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Place browned meat into a crock pot. Add salsa and mix around meat.
- Cook on high for 7 hours. I sometimes drain out excess fat, or liquid before shredding. Shred meat in crock pot.
- Serve on tortilla, with cheese, lime rice, black beans, guacamole, salsa. Also is good served as a meat for taco salad.
- Option: Cook meat in roasting pan 350 degrees in oven for 3 hours. Cook with lid on it, make sure it doesn’t run out of liquid.
Source: Steve Sandholtz